Top 5 Shaving Lather Options on the Market
Shaving lather is great for those with sensitive skin, dry skin, oily skin or even normal skin. It moisturizes your skin and helps the razor move more smoothly across your skin to remove more hair with each swipe. The lather can even increase the amount of time you can go between shaves. Here is a list of the best shaving lather products available on the market that you should consider purchasing.
*The following shaving lather products are listed based on their price, from the lowest to the highest one.
1: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream with Eucalyptus Oil
C.O. Bigelow, the same company that makes skincare products for men, now makes this Premium Shave Cream that uses eucalyptus oil to hydrate and soothe dry or irritated skin. Each tube contains ingredients designed to cool your skin and leave you feeling refreshed while also helping you get a smoother and closer shave. You can apply this cream with your own hands or with a shaving brush to create a nice lather.
- It gives you a cooling and refreshing sensation.
- Although it contains oils, it will not feel oily on your skin because this cream’s oils evaporate instantly when you apply it on your face.
- It contains natural ingredients that are suitable for any type of
- This product is not just a simple shaving lather. It also has nourishing effects, moisturizing and hydrating your skin.
- Some users might be sensitive when it comes to this product’s scent which can be a little strong.
- According to some, this product is an average one, that lacks the “wow” factor.
2: Edge Shave Gel for Men Sensitive Skin
The highest rated product on the market today is the Edge Shave Gel for Men in the sensitive skin formula. Lubricants and moisturizers in the formula leave your skin softer and hydrated, and it has cooling ingredients that help you wake up when shaving in the morning. Those ingredients will also reduce the pain that you feel from nicks and scrapes too.
- It is a cost-effective shaving lather.
- Provides the ultimate close shaving as well as comfort and ease during the shaving process.
- Being a one-step shaving product, it offers versatility.
- It meets users’ expectations, doing the job well at an affordable price.
- Its smell is a little unpleasant. Most shaving lathers have fragrances such as sandalwood or pine. The Edge Shave Gel resembles a little bit the smell of paint.
- Some users say it doesn’t make enough bubbles when applied to the skin.
3: HeadBlade HeadSlick Shave Cream
Whether shaving your head, neck or beard, you’ll love this shaving lather from HeadBlade. This cruelty-free cream lacks parabens and other ingredients that can dry out your skin. The formula lacks dyes and fragrances too, which makes it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. This mentholated cream is suitable for applying without the need of a brush and will help you get a closer shave.
- Most men are attracted to this product due to its unconventional design.
- It is an interesting leather that shaves well.
- HeadBlade is affordable, costing less than other similar products.
- It provides a good lubrication, and it has a nice
- Some users say it took them more time to get used to this product.
- It sometimes feels awkward on your skin.
- It is not as widely-available as other shaving leather product.
4: The Art of Shaving – Shaving Cream in Sandalwood
Sandalwood is one of the most masculine scents in the world, which is why many men will love this shaving cream from The Art of Shaving in a sandalwood scent. Coconut oil and glycerin used in the formula make even the driest of skin feel soft and smooth. It lets you shave through thick facial hair without experiencing razor burn.
- It facilitates a clean and close shave due to its creamy texture.
- This shaving cream requires a four-step routine that provides grace and ritual to any user.
- It offers a long-lasting leather that enables your razor to glide smoothly.
- There are four different scents available to choose from.
- Some men state this product’s quality is lower than it used to be.
- It is more expensive than other similar products.
5: D. R. Harris Arlington Shaving Cream
R. Harris Arlington Shaving Cream is one of the top concentrated products available. Though you will need to mix it with a small amount of water first, this gives you the chance to make the lather as thick as you would like. Floral and citrus notes added to the formula linger after using it, and the cream has moisturizers that won’t dry out your skin.
- It provides a close, easy, and comfortable shave.
- It is one of the best products on the market, being a high-quality shaving cream.
- The cream lasts a long period.
- Users like its scent, stating it has the proper strength.
- It is a versatile product. It can be used with or without a brush.
- This product is quite pricey compared to other shaving lather brands.
- Some say this product’s texture can be too dense.
Putting It All Together
So, which shaving lather should you buy? Well, it depends on several factors such as your preferences, needs, and budget. Make sure to be well-informed because sometimes the highest price might not provide the best product. If you like to avoid stronger scents, then you should choose lathers such as D. R. Harris Arlington Shaving Cream.
If you have a more sensitive skin, then the Edge Shave Gel for Men Sensitive Skin is definitely the right product for your needs. Whichever you choose to buy, the shaving lathers mentioned above are all great options that are worthy of your consideration.
Images source: Amazon