Top 4 Best Professional Hair Clippers to Try
Beards are the new sports car for fashion statements, and every man wants theirs looking tip top. However, the essentials to maintaining a beard mean it must be a well-groomed, well-sculpted beard, whether it’s a lumberjack style or a slim, squared strip along the jawline. But who has the time to skip on down to the barber shop every few days or even weeks for a touch-up? Ranked by price, these professional hair clippers, along with a little patience, will help any man achieve that fresh-from-the-barber look with his own hands straight from his own bathroom.
What Are the Best Professional Hair Clippers?
If you are having difficulties looking for the best hair clippers for men, it can be confusing to classify through all of the available options. Not every brand of professional hair clippers are designed equal, and there are so many different options to select from, it is hard to know which one is the best hair clipper to buy. However, you should always go for the choice that meets your personal needs and with a powerful motor.
If you are somebody who has the talents of a professional barber to run his makeshift barber shop at home and has the skills to do his fade or buzz cut, then you understand the significance of a great hair trimmer or any cordless hair clipper. Nothing beats the satisfaction of saving money for cutting your own hair at home. With the right tools and the proper practice, almost anyone can do it. However, there are a few things to weigh before choosing a razor in the store or online. We have collected some tips and reviews accordingly to help you select the perfect hair trimmer for you.
Top Four Professional Hair Clippers to Try
1. Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Cutting Kit #79300-400T
With easy-to-use, color-coded comb guides and a heavyweight build, this trimmer is convenient and simple for even novice beard growers to trim up the stray hairs and keep their faces sculpted and furry in just the right places. In addition to a well-groomed beard, the ease of use makes the Wahl Color Pro a great option for home haircuts for the whole family.
What’s Inside the Box
- The Wahl hair clipper
- Barber comb, scissors, and styling comb
- Essential maintenance items: blade oil, cleaning brush, blade guard
- Set of combs
- Left and right ear tapers
- Ear trim comb
Features and Functions of the Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Cutting Kit
- Heavy build for stable and steady cuts.
- Eleven color-coded comb guides included
- Adjustable taper control
- Pros and Cons of the Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Cutting Kit
- These professional hair clippers are heavy enough and sturdy enough to tolerate the wear-and-tear of professional salon use while also being stable enough and user-friendly with lots of comb guides for personal at-home use
- The comb guides that are included are plastic and somewhat flimsy, and replacements are hard to come by
2. Wahl Lithium Ion Clippers #79600-2101
This complete cordless trimmer and touch-up kit are perfect for the bearded man who can’t quite make up his mind. With a selection of fourteen comb guides and self-sharpening, contouring blades, the Wahl Lithium Ion Clippers are as close to perfect for beards as you can get. With its quick charge and long-lasting battery, touch-ups are a cinch to do without worrying about pesky cords. The ion precision also makes this an ideal trimmer for those with easily irritated skin.
What’s Inside the Box
- Lightweight cordless clipper itself
- Guards in various cutting lengths
- Bonus hair trimmer works on AA batteries
- Ear tapers and brow trim guides
- Scissors, styling and barber comb
- Cape, hair clippers, soft storage case, clipper oil
- The charger for the main Lithium-ion battery pro
Features and Functions of the Wahl Lithium Ion Clippers
- Fourteen comb guides.
- Quick fifteen-minute charge for the battery will provide a solid twelve-minute runtime.
- The fully charged battery will run for approximately forty minutes and hold its unused charge for up to a year.
Pros and Cons of the Wahl Lithium Ion Clippers
With its long-lasting charge, cord-free usage, and exact precision for detailed touch-ups and trims, these clippers are the best option for the best price for at-home, day-to-day use.
Some users have found that the non-removable head of the trimmer is problematic for thoroughly cleaning the blades.
3. Wahl Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit #79602
These high-performance professional hair clippers are used widely by pro barbers and stylists and come highly recommended for at-home use as well. With a powerful, durable motor, the Wahl Elite Pro High-Performace Clippers will last a lifetime of trims and shaves and leave your beard as close to perfect as you can get.
Features and Functions of the Wahl Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit #79602
- Self-sharpening, precision blades.
- Ten stainless steel clip guide combs.
- Includes complete styling kit with scissors, storage bag, and maintenance tools.
Pros and Cons of the Wahl Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit #79602
At two and a half pounds, these professional hair clippers are heavy-duty in weight and performance, creating a steady hand for detailed cuts and tight angles. The wide selection of guide combs also expands your options for length and style.
The noise is louder than several models out there due to the weight and power of this particular product. If you are using this to cut children’s hair or are sensitive to noise, this may not be the best option for you.
4. Wahl Professional Senior Clipper #8500
This high-end model provides razor-sharp precision and detail needed for heavy-duty cutting, tapering, and fades. It is designed solely with professionals in mind due to its high level of precision and performance. However, in the hands of the skilled and confident, these professional hair clippers would also be ideal for at-home hair and beard care.
The Wahl Performance Senior Clipper offers an ergonomic design for more convenient handling for any hand measurement, making it great for whole day use. It is hard to assess, but overall the motor is as specialized for heavy-duty performance as the rotary motor is.
What’s Inside the Box
- Hair clipper with a powerful motor
- Users guidebook
- Lubricating oil
- Cleaning brush
- Three trimming manuals
- One red-colored blade guard
Features and Functions of the Wahl Professional Senior Clipper #8500
- V9000 motor runs cooler and faster for more detailed trims and cuts without overheating.
- Includes three attachment combs, blade guard with blade oil and brush.
- Extremely long-lasting and durable product.
Pros and Cons of the Wahl Professional Senior Clipper #8500
These clippers are heavy-duty, long-lasting, precise, and built to withstand lots of wear and tear. Although the manufacturers recommend that it remain for professional use only, this particular model has also been used often within the home by well-skilled individuals.
With this particular brand and model, you get what you pay for. In this case, however, the price may be steep for those who are not working in the hair care field professionally.
There are several options to choose from among the Wahl haircare models, from smaller trimmers, full-blown professional clippers, and a combination of the two, all priced reasonably depending on your budget and personal needs. It is best first to evaluate your own grooming habits and expectations, your own skin type and preferences for beard care, your comfort level with grooming at home and then go from there to seek out the best model for yourself.
Whatever product you choose, be sure to follow the provided instructional guides for the best results as well as extending the life of your trimmer. In no time you will have bid farewell to the barber and will be sporting the most impressive beard around.